Saturday 30 April 2011

a confession.

I am in love with Kate Middleton.  She epitomises everything a modern princess - and woman - should be.

With the insane glut of wannabes/reality show 'stars'/barely-clad popstars, it is so refreshing to see someone so, well, normal.  Without a shadow of a doubt, she has led a privileged life, but so what?  She has grace, discretion and unbelievable beauty at her fingertips.  Never will you see her falling out of a nightclub or selling an exclusive story to Heat.

At this day and time - and more than likely, this decade, Kate Middleton is the woman we all want to be.  And I thank her for that.  Thanks, Kate!

Sooo...fawning over...

My beautiful (and Royal -wedding excitable) pal Emilie and I had a delightful (if somewhat ill-advised, given the hour) champagne breakfast before the wedding.  Proceedings kicked off at 9am with home made pancakes and copious amounts of bucks fizz.

Hurrah and hic! we cheered to the arriving guests as we played Wedding Guest Bingo.  Thanks Camilla, for giving me a row - a full house was looking highly unlikely as I really needed the Sultan Of Oman to arrive with a big flashing neon sign on his head so I could recognise him.  Which he didn't.  Ho Hum.

Onwards to the most anticipated arrival in the history of mankind (I am going to gloss over Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits.  I can't bear to think about them).

The beautiful Miss Middleton.  Photo from tumblr



In the dress I had previously been eyeing up for my very own self.  No, Kate, no!! What a beautiful bride, what a beautiful dress.  But, Kate, I wanted it first!! Sad times.

So there we have it.  Britain finally has its own fairytale princess - welcome to our lives Kate.

And,  can I borrow your dress next October?!

No comments:

Post a Comment