Thursday 7 July 2011

hello folkies (part 2)

Once we recovered from the excitement of the gig, Beloved Redhead and I headed back North to spend the week in the family abode (ah, bliss!).  It was time for some serious wedding dress shopping.  And some serious disappointment.  I'm not entirely sure why the women working in these shops think its ok to give you a dress covered in fake tan, or indeed comment on your 'big hips'.  That is not the way to go, ladies.  It's just not!

Just when I had given up hope in the whole idea of wedding dress shopping (I had been reliably informed by the world and it's uncle that wedding dress shopping was a life changing experience - not the case), and of EVER finding one dress I even remotely liked (I'm not even joking), we went to Petticoat Lane Bridal.  And I loved it!  Dresses that weren't meringues!! My heart leapt!  The staff were friendly!! Joy abounds!  And I'm pretty sure that one of the dresses made beloved redhead cry, what more can a girl ask for?

Thank you Petticoat Lane, you have restored my faith that my wedding can look the way I want it.  I'll be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment